Version 1.8 doesn't seem to be functioning

Report or discuss any bugs that you might encounter
Fan1

Version 1.8 doesn't seem to be functioning

Post by Fan1 »

Installed the latest version into Firefox 57.0.3 and I haven't been able to get it to work at all. It will open up the black screen and list "img2tab: no items", but doesn't always open the tab. I've tried on Reddit, 4chan, google images, and about a dozen other sites.
Fan1

Re: Version 1.8 doesn't seem to be functioning

Post by Fan1 »

After playing with it for awhile I as able to get it to open an "Actual (Single tab)" page that showed the images of google news after a dozen attempts, but it wasn't repeatable. Some of logs from the Browser Console after trying different pages:

Error: WebExtension context not found!

TypeError: url.indexOf is not a function[Learn More] jquery.js:9823:9
jQuery.fn.load moz-extension://2a71c26d-299c-4c23-87ac-1b6281492324/lib/jquery.js:9823:9
<anonymous> moz-extension://2a71c26d-299c-4c23-87ac-1b6281492324/view.js:32:1

No Images Found ext-c-toolkit.js:30:5
TypeError: url.indexOf is not a function[Learn More] jquery.js:9823:9
jQuery.fn.load moz-extension://2a71c26d-299c-4c23-87ac-1b6281492324/lib/jquery.js:9823:9
<anonymous> moz-extension://2a71c26d-299c-4c23-87ac-1b6281492324/view.js:32:1
sumo
Site Admin

Post by sumo »

Can you do me a favour and update to 1.81 and try again.

There was a bug where opening more than 10 tabs required a confirm dialog, and confirms weren't working in 1.8.

As for the no-items problem, not sure but it may be related.

IIRC view.js line 32 is a confirm dialog
Fan1

Post by Fan1 »

Alright the Actual (Separate tabs) and the Linked(Separate tabs) are now functioning :) .

The Actual (Single Tab) and the Linked(Single tabs) still doesn't work :( . Still showing "img2tab: no items" even when it will open the images as separate tabs.

Tried it on google images, 4chan, reddit, and Imgur. This was about the only thing that I didn't see last time:

Use of getAttributeNode() is deprecated. Use getAttribute() instead. rs=AA2YrTvVT-8FA916JsQIyOXvASpsJIaKEw:7:71
Error: WebExtension context not found! ExtensionParent.jsm:821:13
getRecipes: falling back to a synchronous message for: "https://www.google.com" LoginRecipes.jsm:244
Error: WebExtension context not found! ExtensionParent.jsm:821:13
TypeError: url.indexOf is not a function[Learn More]
sumo
Site Admin

Post by sumo »

Good to hear its at least partially working.

Linked Single tab is feature I depend on personally as well.

I investigated the issues but wasn't able to produce any of them as all the listed sites did function well enough for me.

I am not getting the errors you did are except the 'url.indexOf' which was due to deprecation in jquery of window.ioad(), it now fixed in the latest.
I think the attribute node error is non-problematic.

I suspect maybe a different addon might possibly be interfering?

I did have some problems extracting a lot of Reddit links due to their new methods of hiding the source material, so I massively reworked a lot of the code to support Reddit by querying their API and should place the extension to better support a more modular system so that we can tailor handling for each site more effectively.

I gave the new version a run through reddit, 4chan, imgur and google etc and didn't have any problems.

Its also possible it simply couldn't scrape any of the images out of the page your looking at, it should work fairly effectively on the reddit.com front page though.

Please update to img2tab v1.82 and try again I guess.. :D
Fan1

Post by Fan1 »

Well the only addon I have besides img2tab is uBlock Origin, but I disabled it as a troubleshooting step so I don't think it's interference. I'm wondering if it isn't something specific to the Firefox 57.0.4 (64-bit) Linux Mint build? Even after upgrading to v1.82 Linked Single tab still doesn't function even on reddit.com front page, though no errors in the browser console from using Linked Single tab. I'm kinda at a loss.
Fan1

Post by Fan1 »

Img2tab seems to function perfectly in Chromium so this might be what finally switches me over from firefox :cry:
sumo
Site Admin

Post by sumo »

Hmm I also run uBlock so that's definitely not the issue.

Have you tried removing the addon and reinstalling it?

I will try Firefox on Linux Mint on a VM at my next convenience.

Funny thing is I updated the Chrome addon today as well to the same code base so maybe it really is something Linux specific, seems silly though.
sumo
Site Admin

Post by sumo »

Ah hah!

After installing Linux Mint, having the same issues you described, and debugging for a few hours I have discovered the problem! ~ Timing.

The code at the moment RELIES on settings/options being loaded quickly and BEFORE the new tab is created. For the case on Linux, or perhaps, systems that are slower to read the options, the newly created tabbed is created before the options can be read and handlers can be added.

I can re-arrange things so that the options can be loaded after the tab is created, which seems to resolve the issue, will push an updated version out for Chrome and Firefox in 24hrs.
sumo
Site Admin

Post by sumo »

OK img2tab 1.83 should fix it. I tried it out in Linux mint and works a treat! :D