How to save Wallpaper images locally?

Talk about anything at all related to the app
thartist

How to save Wallpaper images locally?

Post by thartist »

This tool seems awesome so far. However, I've went through a lot of work finding images for my monitor sizes that I like and I want to store them. I need this tool to easily reverse the image sides for a dual monitor setup and/or add bevel. I would like to be able to save them locally.

How do I save my file locally?

Thanks!
thartist

Re: How to save Wallpaper images locally?

Post by thartist »

Actually after uploading an image in the software and then saving the image, it just saved the same image. I don't think this will help me.

I have dual monitors with primary on the right. So in order to display images correctly I have to reverse the left and right sides of the image and resave it. Set windows to tile and they display fine (minus bevel issues I don't really care about).

I thought with this software I might be able to save the newly created image easier. Possible?

Thanks!
thartist

Post by thartist »

So I found a little work around. The locally applied wallpaper is saved to:

%appdata%\MultiWall

Copy and paste this into your Windows Explorer and it will take you to the appdata local roaming folder for MultiWall

So every time you apply a wallpaper it will be saved there. You have to copy and paste everytime you apply a wallpaper. As in my case I need the left and right side of the images reversed and this gives me that image. If you have photoshop you can create a custom action for this or else it is time consuming in GIMP. This makes it way easier.

If you add support to do this process in batches I will donate, assuming you accept Paypal.

Thanks!
thartist

Post by thartist »

Ok so after doing this a bit. The batch option might be good but sometimes I want a bezel with certain images, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I need to pan the image.

However the problem is: after importing an image from the crawler to the wallpaper tab, every time I go back to the Crawler tab I have to "recrawl" all the images and navigate back to the image I was most recently editing AND there is only the option to go to cycle from the beginning and not cycle from the end (if the image is closer to the end of the list). Its a little bit of redesigning or an "alternate mode?" Maybe there is a way to cache the crawler where it was left off OR more of a redesign... make a list of the image names with a preview box to the right to easily navigate through while editing?

I personally would like to see the crawler page and wallpaper tab on the same screen for editing purposes. Crawler the way I described on the bottom and wallpaper editing on top. Crawler previews, import to the editing stage, and then apply or export/save. The apply and auto apply is really handy for previewing the looks of the wallpaper before exporting (right now im grabbing from the appdata folder each time then using another softare to batch convert to JPGs instead of keeping the bigger BMPs).

Let me know if you'd like help with any of this. This is programmed in C# i imagine?

Thanks!
sumo
Site Admin

Post by sumo »

Could you give me an example with screenshots, that'll help me better understand exactly what you mean.

You mentioned flipping the image left-right which should be do-able using the rotation option, or do you mean something else?

One of the reasons I made this software was to do-away with the photo-shopping images over and over again so I can certainly appreciate your frustration.

Yes you can find the processed version of the image as bmp as you have discovered.

I am aware of the crawler losing its place when flipping tabs, It was done like that as the crawler was added as an after-thought and I can save a lot of memory by wiping it, but I think ultimately needs to behave as you described - remembering or simply keeping its position/memory.

I will perhaps add a context right click option to 'save as' the current desktop as you had requested.

I would like to avoid adding batch scripts or making spin-off apps, and rather having the software simply do the adjustments you want on-the-fly.

One way you can by-pass your crawler issue is to run the crawler, and find the folder where it caches all the images, make a copy, then you can simply drag and drop or use the address bar thingy to import the images one at a time, if you drag all of them on, perhaps one by one, you can use the back and forward to navigate through them, unfortunately there is no easy way to get an export of the processed image after that, except for fishing in the app cache folders for it, and then compressing yourself. But I will address that as above.

Help me understand more about what your trying to do and I'll see what I can do.

I do accept paypal, you can find a donate button in the app at the bottom left or click this

Also yes the app is in c# and closed source.

Sorry for the late reply!