Auto Cycle leaving primary monitor blank on individual mode

Report or discuss any bugs that you might encounter
Arrow

Auto Cycle leaving primary monitor blank on individual mode

Post by Arrow »

Immediately after updating to the most recent version of Multiwall, my left (Primary) monitor has been left a permanently black screen. After messing around with settings I have determined that this only happens when my displays are set to individual, auto cycle is on, and auto-apply is on. If I manually change the primary's wallpaper under the "Wallpaper" tab, then it sets it properly, but once the auto cycle ticks over it goes back to being a blank screen.

Multiwall is still registering both monitors, and I prior to this I had no problems with the program at all.
sumo
Site Admin

Re: Auto Cycle leaving primary monitor blank on individual m

Post by sumo »

Thanks arrow, I was curious about this, I will look into it asap.
GraveSalad

Post by GraveSalad »

I also get this bug. I can set my primary one to a static one and then it will change my second monitor, but usually it will then bug out the auto cycle after one change. The extended wallpaper autocycle works fine.
sumo
Site Admin

Post by sumo »

Sweet, thanks for the reports, pushed out an update today that resolves this issue (v1.0.26). Sorry about that!

There was an update to the updater system though so if you have trouble, just re-install from the website.
Arrow

Post by Arrow »

The latest update seems to have fixed it completely! Nice work and thanks for the prompt response.
haydster7

Post by haydster7 »

I have windows 8 x64 with 3 screens all the same resolution (middle screen is set as primary)
Firstly, this software is amazing and simple, I have been looking for something with this feature set for a very long time.
I understand windows 8 is not yet supported officially but I would like to comment on the recent update regarding the blank screen issue.
With the new patched version 1.0.26 the leftmost monitor will be left blank when autocycling and the other two will be fine. I installed an older version 1.0.24 and everything is working perfectly.

Thank you for your wonderful work
sumo
Site Admin

Post by sumo »

Thanks for the heads up, I thought I tested for that, but I guess its a bug, I'll take a look when I can find some more screens, back down to only one again.

Glad you like the app!
haydster7

Post by haydster7 »

If you are developing for the next update, I would love for a fix for this to be included. It is fairly frustrating because I am on the previous version and I keep getting prompted to update even though I have auto update turned off (unchecked).

If you need multiple screens to test with I can test any dev builds for you and give you back the log files, or set up screen sharing for you to develop and test that part on my system.

Thanks again for all your hard work.
Manji

Post by Manji »

I am now having this issue after updating to Windows 10. Any word on a fix?
sumo
Site Admin

Post by sumo »

Nope sorry, I simply don't have enough screens anymore. (I currently have two)

Are you guys still having trouble? I am happy to try and help.