Wallpaper across multiple screens with different scaling

Report or discuss any bugs that you might encounter
n4cr

Wallpaper across multiple screens with different scaling

Post by n4cr »

Sooo I thought that this application was open source and was going to fix this issue myself, but now I'm here!

On Windows 10, when running a 3-monitor set (a pair of 1440p above a single 4K) if I set "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" to 150% from 100% on the 4K (for equivalent control sizing with the 1440p monitors set to 100%), the wallpaper doesn't seem to properly adjust to that change. Even after selecting a different image after the scaling change, the tiling is funky.

I'll upload a full screenshot in this thread when I can, 'cause I'm at work right now, but I just wanted to put this out there.

P.S. is there a chance that this will be released as open source at some point?
sumo
Site Admin

Re: Wallpaper across multiple screens with different scaling

Post by sumo »

Hi there,

So DPI scaling, The app was originally written before that was prominent so I'm not 100% its well supported. I think it might be OK when all your screens are the same DPI, but in this case mixed DPI scale might be a real problem.

The app really needs a rewrite at this point, and I would do it in a more open/cross-platform way, but at this point I wouldn't expect a full open-source solution.
sumo
Site Admin

Re: Wallpaper across multiple screens with different scaling

Post by sumo »

Could you try the newest version and let me know how you go?